L J Gammer (Stowmarket) Ltd takes customer’s privacy seriously. As a result, this privacy notice sets out how we plan to use customer’s personal data.
In this privacy notice, ‘we’, ‘our’, ‘us’ and ‘Gammers’ means L J Gammer (Stowmarket) Limited – a private limited company whose registered office is at Victoria Garage, Stowupland Road, Stowmarket, Suffolk IP14 5AG.
For the purposes of the General Data Protection Regulation (‘the GDPR’) the data controller is L J Gammer (Stowmarket) Limited and the Data Protection Officer is Nick Gammer to whom you can address any queries or concerns.
What information is collected?
Whether you bring your vehicle in for repair, service or MOT, purchase parts for your vehicle or purchase a vehicle from us, we will ask you for personal details such as your name, postal address, email address, mobile phone number and landline number.
We may, on occasion, collect sensitive data such as credit/debit card details for payment of products or services. Should you chose to purchase a vehicle on finance, then we will collect information such as employment, bank account details, previous addresses (if necessary) and income.
Why do we collect such data?
Primarily, your data is collected and stored on our system so that we have access to historical works carried out by us on your vehicle. It also makes it easier for us to book your vehicle in for servicing, MOTs and repairs.
In addition to the above, your data is used to contact you when your vehicle is due a service or an MOT. This can be via email, text or a letter sent to your address. Occasionally, your information may be used for promotional offers by us.
When purchasing a vehicle from us, your email address may be passed (with your consent) onto Auto Trader Ltd who will ask for feedback on your experience dealing with us. Your feedback helps potential customers see who we are and how we operate as a business. It also helps us improve in areas you feel we need to work on.
Whilst we have a legitimate interest to keep our customers’ vehicles road legal and well maintained, we only provide the above service with your consent.
How long do we keep your information?
We shall only keep your personal data for as long as is necessary i.e. for as long as you are a customer with us.
The personal data we hold is reviewed on a regular basis to ensure that we do not hold data for longer than may be necessary. Data that is no longer needed is permanently deleted from our records.
In terms of vehicle sales, we retain personal data for accounting and tax purposes for 7 years. After this time, any files are destroyed.
Safeguarding your information
Your information is stored on our dealer management system (‘Techman’), whose company name is Web Seller Pro Limited. It is from this system that any marketing material is sent to customers.
Your personal data is secured on 2 separate servers in a secure building monitored by 24 hour CCTV and security.
Apart from where mentioned above, we do not share your personal data with any other company.
Gammers is committed to the rights of its customers under the GDPR. As someone who we hold data on, our customers' rights include:
- The right to be informed – transparency over how we use your data which is typically conveyed through a privacy notice such as this.
- Rights of access – you have the right to verification that you data is being processed, access to your personal data and any other accompanying information. We shall respond within 1 month of any request and the provision of such data will be free of charge.
- The right to rectification – you have the right to correct any personal data held by us which may be inaccurate or incomplete.
- The right to erasure – your ‘right to be forgotten’. You may request us to delete or remove your personal data where is it no longer necessary for the purposes for which it was collected. Exceptions to this rule include our compliance with legal obligations.
- The right to restrict processing – You are entitled to block or restrict the processing of your data.
- The right to data portability – You can obtain and reuse your personal data for your own purposes. You are entitled to copy, move or transfer personal data easily from one IT environment to another in a safe and secure way.
- The right to object – you have the right to object to us using your personal data and direct marketing.
- Your right to lodge a complaint – you have the right to lodge a complaint with the Information Commissioner’s Office (ICO) should you feel that our processing of your personal data infringes any regulation under the DPA or GDPR.
This page is regularly updated so please be sure to check back from time to time.